The flags and tents are going up. The crafters and vendors are on their way. The hay bales, pumpkins and mums are in place. All this adds up to the best weekend of the year:
Chautauqua in the Park!
(Well, we at Visit Chillicothe certainly think it’s one of the best weekends of the year and we hope our readers agree.)
So what makes Chautauqua weekend so great? It can be hard to quantify. But we gave it our best shot.
Our top 5 favorite things about the annual Chautauqua in the Park Festival
- #5 The Traditional Arts Area Looming, indigo dying, metal work, whittling, carving, spinning and weaving. Maybe you can find a new hobby?
- #4 Cool Stuff for Kids Petting Zoo. Games. Crafts. Face Painting. Bounce House. A Giant Slide. And more. All for the young and the young at heart.
- #3 Live Music. The main stage area is always a great place to sit for a spell. And this year is no exception with some traditional favorites (Mic-O-Says, Gorsetts) and some surprising newcomers (Dammit Jim & the Rednecks, Sean McNown Band).
- #2 The Food. All of it. Every booth more delicious than the last. Have lunch. And dinner. And a snack. And dessert. And some root beer. And don’t forget to take a bag of kettle corn home. On our must have list: Walking Taco, Giant Tenderloin and Funnel Cake. Oh - and a corn dog.
- #1 Shopping Retail Therapy is always better under a gorgeous blue sky, along a tree-lined path. There’s jewelry. And fall décor. And primitives. And gifts. And bags. And art. And things you have never seen before. And things you have no idea how they made it but you need one. Or two. And flowers. And jewelry. And guns that shoot marshmallows. (For the kids of course.)
- We would love to hear your favorite part of the weekend. Tag us in you comments, tweets and photos from the weekends using #ChilliMo and you might win some cool swag.
- Email us at email@example.com